Friday, September 26, 2008

A "Red Thread Celebration"; Two Years Ago This Day...







Unbelievable! Two years ago today, this precious photo arrived via email! This precious face of a 19-month old baby girl, living in China, needing a Mama, needing me! At first glimpse of this photo, my heart skipped a beat, my emotions overflowed, my eyes filled with tears, my heartstrings pulled and tugged, my brain, still skeptical, waited, as if this “invitation” might disappear as quickly as it came, but I was already in love with this sweet little face, my heart was already attached by that magical invisible red thread that, according to ancient Chinese folklore, at birth, connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. This magical thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break. It is truly “meant to be”. As I look at the two of us today, there is no doubt that we were meant to be together. It is only through divine intervention that our two souls, a world apart, are now a family. To quote a verse from one of my favorite songs, “I tip my hat to the keeper of the stars. He sure knew what he was doing, when he joined these two hearts!” Each year we will celebrate this momentous occasion, the one I’ve named our “Red Thread Day”. So, Kayli, Happy Red Thread Day, my Sweet Pea! Love, Mom

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails