Monday, April 27, 2009

My Little Fairy "Helper"


So, for the millionth time, Kayli has chosen to wear her fairy costume today, and my little fairy is going to help me put together some patio furniture that I just bought. She’s having a great time handing me the nuts and bolts, and is thrilled when I let her tighten some of the nuts and screws with the crescent wrench and allen wrench that came in the box.




We finished the first chair and opened the next one, only to find that one section of that chair was defective. We had all the tools out, but we had to halt production until we could get to the store and exchange this part. As this next chair came with the same tools as the first, the last thing I remember, before leaving for the store, was Kayli standing in the sunroom, holding identical pairs of wrenches, showing me how she had one identical pair in each hand, and assuring me that she would hold these until we needed them.








After a trip to the store, exchanging the part, and coming back home, which took quite a while, I was ready to get back to work. Now, where are those wrenches? What? Wrenches? What? Tools? What mom? Hmm. I don’t know… Oh great. The search for the tools began. I think I would have to say so far,we have taken one step forward, and 3 or 4 steps backward! The tools are nowhere to be found. Kayli began looking in her toy boxes and is now completely distracted by all the re-discovered toys she has found. I looked everywhere I could imagine her “squirreling away” some small tools.






















Finally I decide that too much time is being wasted, so I borrow some similar tools from my neighbor and complete the assembly. Now, with chairs complete, cushions in place, clear sky overhead, ice cold pop in hand, it’s time to sit back and relax, Ahhhhhh, for at least 2 or 3 minutes before hearing “Hey, mom, will you push me on the swing?”


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails