Wednesday, April 14, 2010

First Time with Skates Outside!

I have been working round the clock at home, cleaning, purging, and packing, in order to get my house ready to sell. Kayli has not been thrilled with what she sees as my new "all work-no play" plan. So, she WAS thrilled when our weekly babysitter showed up one night, just to play with Kayli while I got some serious work done! I had to stop and get the camera, though, when I saw that Becca had taken Kayli out to the driveway to try out her rollerskates. Up til now, Kayli has only roller skated in the house, on the carpet!
Kayli says "Ok, I've got my helmet, pads, skates. I'm ready to go!"

Whoa, slowly, slowly...this is tricky...
Oops, a little scrape on the hands...
"Now, Becca, here's the new plan..."
Better tighten up the skates...
Oh, yeah, I think this is gonna work great...
Here I go again...

After skating, I heard Becca trying to explain to Kayli how to play kick ball. She pointed out various spots that she called "base" and then rolled the ball towards Kayli to kick. Kayli kicked the ball, Becca yelled "run" and Kayli proceeded to run straight down the driveway, out into the street, turned at the corner and continued to run down the sidewalk, pumping her arms wildly, and shrieking with excitement, as Becca chased her! Soon they were back in the driveway, and Becca was saying "Now, Kayli, there are bases in this game that you run to..." Oh I feel your pain, Becca, and I'm laughing because this is life with a preschooler!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails