Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"I Think I Have Snow Bite"

Yes, she means "Frost Bite", as she tries to tell me how cold her fingers are!

On our way home from school today, I noticed a great little hill, about a half a block away from our house, that I mentioned to Kayli might make a good sledding run. Well, of course, I barely finished my sentence when she was squealing and pleading that there was still enough "day left" that we could give it a try right now! "Please,please,please, Mommy?" So, being the good sport that I am, I agreed. We didn't even unload our backpacks, bags, etc. from the car. I just grabbed the sled, Kayli hopped in, and yes, there was enough snow and ice covering the road and sidewalks that I just pulled her in the sled to the hill. Good exercise for me! She was beside herself with excitement over the prospect of sliding down this hill! It was the kind of quiet- holding-her-breath-or-she might burst kind of excitement, and she wasn't disappointed! She had a few smooth "runs" and one "wipeout-rollover", and all were equally entertaining. It wasn't long, though, before our fingers and toes were crying out for warmth, so we called it a day and headed home for a nice warm dinner of spaghetti and garlic bread, and of course I added a nice heart-warming glass of red wine for me!
Check out the videos below:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails