Saturday, January 8, 2011

Kayli Receives an Award!

Yep, it was a big day at school for Miss Kayli on Friday! She was taken by surprise at the Kids of Character Assembly when Mr. K*ear*ney announced her name. She was chosen as one of two students in her classroom to receive the Kids of Character Award this quarter! She walked up front when her name was called, listened while the principal read the letter from her teacher, Mrs. K*ell*er, and graciously but skeptically accepted her award.

All the students were dismissed except for the award recipients, and Kayli stood with the others, smiling ear to ear, as photos were taken. Then, as we are walking back to Kayli's classroom, her little hand in mine, she looks up at me and says "Mommy, are you proud of me?" Oh, yes, Kayli, I am very proud of you! then, she says "Mommy, why did I get this award?" I say "Well, your teacher thinks you are doing a great job in your classroom making good choices, following directions,  being ready to learn, and getting along with others. "Ohhh", she says, "See, I told you I am being good every day!"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails