Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Magical Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

It sure was a lot of fun, starting from the last-day-of-school-holiday-party, to the last day of our holiday break, in spite of the fact that I had to carry-on with a cold, cough, and laryngitis. Kayli kept saying "so, tell me again, bout' losing your voice. Just zactly where did you lose it?"

From beginning to end, here we are in all our holiday glory:
The countdown...
A new scooter...
Ready for Christmas Eve Mass...we're picking up Grandpa and going to his church...

Kayli didn't know that her Grandpa used to be a "baby doctor" just like Aunt Laura. She's always telling me that she wants to be a mom and a doctor just like Aunt Laura, and now she's got the special Barbie doctor tools to practice with!" So funny that the up-to-date phone in this kit is really like an I-phone, with various messages about getting to surgery, etc. and my favorite phone message: "Is your patient eating all their veggies?" Ha Ha.  
The presents await Miss Kayli in the quiet of the morning...
This "pretend dog that you can walk" was Kayli's number one requested gift this year!
"Ok, Mom, maybe I should be a Vet instead of a Baby doctor..." 
"AND...I can still be a mom, 'cuz I know I'll be a really good mommy!"
"I can't believe I got Rapunzel! Can we go see the movie, pleeease?"
(And a few days later we DID go see the movie, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that Di*sney once again produced a very cute, and entertaining show! )
Then, after seeing that Rapunzel was wearing purple, Kayli had to wear purple for the next few days! Coincidentally, she got a new purple dress from Santa that came in handy...
Kayli made me a special bracelet with her new jewelry making kit!
"Ok, my puppy, Snowy, and I are ready for the big family gathering at Aunt Laura's and Uncle Mickey's house..."
A warm, car ride always sends Kayli straight to dreamland!
Kayli lets her cousin take Snowy for a little walk...
"I'll just make sure that Snowy doesn't fall down the stairs..."
The girls snuggle with Grandpa...
The "kid table"
Let's get a picture of the "kids" all together...
Ok, I think it's getting late, and someone's getting tired...
The next night, Kayli and I tried out our new "Hot tub bathrobes" we got from Santa!
Where has the Holiday break time gone? 
It's time to say "Happy New Year!"
Hats, horns, poppers, check...
Snacks, check...

Let the fun begin!
There's nothing like a warm fire, favorite snacks, and your favorite little person to snuggle with, as the new year approaches! We watched tv, read books, and then as we talked about the new year ahead, I pulled out the laptop for some classic entertainment, watching and laughing at photos and videos taken throughout this last year! Kayli decided that her New Years Resolution was to make sure she played every day! I think I need to take that one too!

1 comment:

Adoption said...

I have enjoyed reding your blog. It makes me excited for the fun memories ahead. Thank you again for having me over and for all the helpful tips. Rose

Related Posts with Thumbnails