Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

Kayli and I were at M & J's pool for a solid 8 hours!!! I mostly relaxed. Kayli did not get out of the pool, except to occasionally surface to grab a handful of Cheezits, then, jump back in the pool, and later took snippets of time to eat a bunless hotdog and some spoonfuls of pasta salad with droplets of pool water dripping onto the plate, and only adding to the "flavor of the day!"
By the time I pulled her out of the pool, at around 8 p.m., I thought I might see that she had sprouted a mermaid tail!
I think Jake's getting pretty strong, as I watch him flip Kayli...
Now, for a canonball contest...
"Oh yeah, watch this..."
C'mon Jake, let's play dolphin show...
"I think I can make this basket..."
                  Jake's ready to get out, but never fear, more kids have arrived, woohoo...
we got dressed and headed back towards home where we were going to take advantage of the city fireworks display at dark. Kayli wasn't taking any chances on the noise level, as is evidenced by the earmuffs she grabbed on the way to the car...
once we staked out our spot in the grass, Kayli quickly made friends with a little girl nearby and her toddler sister...
while we waited for the fireworks show to begin, the girls climbed into the wagon and played "Connect Four" on my IPAD.
It was driving Kayli crazy that every time she won a round, the little girl, who was 4, would yell "Oh,oh... you won!" Kayli would say "Mom, why does she keep saying "Oh,oh, when I win?" Just cracked me up. Every now and then, the toddler would stagger over and pat-a-cake the IPAD, sending it back to the home screen, and resetting the game. The girls were good sports and would laugh, then gently try to move her. One time, during an attempt to move her, this darling toddler drooled on Kayli, which prompted her to shriek " Eww, slooobber!" which of course prompted the grown-ups to roll with laughter!Suddenly we heard a bang and saw the first flash in the sky..the fireworks show had begun...
The show was beautiful, but the best part was listening to the kids yelling "WOW!" "OO" "AH," and my favorite..."Did you see that mom?"  Yep, I saw! Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails