Friday, February 7, 2014

Let it Snow!

What is Winter without the wonderfully unexpected "snow day"?!!! It's simply magical!!! Just one day can have that effect. Imagine what three days can do...
Yes, that is a block of Ice that Kayli is holding!
my turn...
the next day, I opened the back door to this...
darn, I'm in my pjs and slippers, but I have to shovel a path for poor Sprinkles because she literally planted her feet and refused to step into this! She is NOT amused by all this snow!
we hung out in our jammies 'til lunchtime. My neighbor, the nicest person ever, offered to snowblow my driveway...Halleluia! We headed down the block to our favorite hill, and on our way we picked up a neighbor girl and her mom, then, met up with another mom and her kiddo! Woohoo, a sledding party...
Kayli and Tai...
Lookout Tai, here comes your mom...
Kayli and Ainsley...
We packed a whole lot of fun into a "window" of about an hour. This was more than enough time to safely play without entering the danger zone of frostbite, with these extremely cold temps! The kids had snow filled boots because of the deep snow. They also had frozen cheeks from going down the hill face first...
later that night, back in our warm jammies, Kayli and I sat by a warm fire, Ahhhh...
and we went on to have one more snow day, for a total of 3 whole snow days!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails