Friday, June 27, 2014

Who Knew?

So, I was thumbing through a magazine one day, and happened across an article about the downtown Kansas City main library. There were pictures of these giant library books, I mean "GIANT, like as tall as a building!!! I was thinking, "How have I not seen those giant books in all the years I've driven through downtown KC?" Well, now my curiosity was peaked! I was determined to find those giant books! I called Linsey and told her my plan to head down there, and she agreed to meet me.
My GPS lead me straight to the street I needed to find...Whoa, this is UNBELIEVABLE!!! How cool are these GIANT books that take up a whole city block?!!!
Naturally, I got busy taking some pictures from the sidewalk, with lots of people passing by, in their typical rush-to-get-somewhere-downtown fashion. We had nowhere to rush to. That's what I love about my summers!
there was a kids' activity inside that Kayli had a great time participating in, while we waited for Linsey, Lily, and Graeme. Kayli made this cool robot complete with a remote control...
when Linsey arrived with the kids, we settled in to the book nook for a while...
Then, we explored more of the library. This was one of the walls in the children's section...

we eventually made our way back outside to get a few more pictures...
we already love ANY kind of library, but this place is truly a magical library!!!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails