Thursday, July 3, 2014

Tree Climbing Adventure

Some of the best adventures are those that are unexpected, like this day when we decided to check out the grand opening of the new community center. It took some perseverance to make our way here, as the parking was "nil" and we had to park at a school more than several blocks away and take a shuttle, but I guess you can factor that in as all part of the "fun!" Anyway, just as we were entering the grounds of the community center, we could see that there were all kinds of activities going on. As I walked along the grass, I spotted a huge tree with a bunch of kids that appeared to be hanging by ropes, haha! Knowing that there were lines quickly forming at all the activities, I did a brief check with Kayli to see if she was willing to try this, all the while walking toward the sign-in desk, where I signed a waiver (seems like everything you do anymore requires a waiver) then, we waited for the current bunch of kids to come down from their rope climbing adventure, and now it was Kayli's turn! Time to get her gear on...
a few instructions before they're turned loose...
"oh, I see, you mean like this?"
"oh yeah, this guy is cracking me up!"
and she's off and climbing...
so far, so good...
getting higher...
"ok, I'm starting to swing and sway, and ouch, I just bumped into that scratchy tree bark..."
Mom says "Keep going! You're doing great!"
"I can almost see over this big branch..."
and the grand finale...
What an incredibly awesome spontaneous adventure this turned out to be!!!(Ok, so I had fun watching, and I know Kayli had fun even though she came back with a few scrapes from the tree, but later when we were talking about how much fun this had been, I just had to laugh when Kayli turned to me and said "Mom, why do you keep signing me up for crazy things like that?!"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails