Friday, August 22, 2014

Our New Family Members

Introducing our new fish, Lennie and Oscar...
I saw this new desktop fish tank that has a water filtering tube attached, so that every time you add new water, you can immediately filter out the old water/ sediment from the bottom of the tank. I thought, what the heck, let's give it a try! It arrived in the mail, and I asked Kayli if she wanted to go to the pet store to get some fish, and she, of course, said "YES!" So, we went to the pet store and bought a couple of fish and some fish food, and as we were walking to our car, Kayli said with the giddiest of excitement "Mom, I just can't believe you just said "Let's buy some fish, and then we just came to the pet store, and you really just bought some fish!!!" We don't ever JUST buy something!" (That is, without researching, thinking, talking about it, looking at it, visiting the store a few times, etc. etc. Yep, this girl knows my obsessive nature of checking and double checking and researching beyond reason...a trait I inherited from my dear dad!) Sometimes this overthinking trait serves me well, and other times, well, it just prolongs decisions unnecessarily. Anyway, we got some pretty little fish, which Kayli is over-the-top excited about, and she wanted so badly to hold them in her hand, but I had to break the news to her that these guys are not snuggle pets!So, now she has to feed them, and admire them from afar.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails