Saturday, January 24, 2015

A Beautiful Day in January!

So, lately, our January weather has been so crazy! First, we were getting such record low temps that nobody could stay warm. Our furnace broke, and I found myself shelling out a big chunk of change for a whole new AC/Furnace Setup! Then, all of a sudden, the cold temps moved out and the mild temps (50s/60s) moved in! Last weekend we had Sat, Sun, AND Mon. off, and I was so excited to get out and about and enjoy the beautiful weather. As luck would have it, though, Kayli came down with the influenza bug. She ran a high fever for a couple of days, and generally felt miserable. I went into Obsessive Compulsive Action, washing everything in sight, so I could avoid getting this. I already had some kind of virus that lasted a solid two weeks leading up to Christmas, and that was not fun! Instead of getting out to play, we had to stay at home the whole weekend, waahh! Oh well, it gave me a chance to get my Christmas stuff put away, and now I have a nice clean house!
Anyway, after getting back to school, Kayli was feeling better and began planning ahead for the next weekend. "Please, please, mom, can you set up a playdate with Megan?" Kayli loves to go to Megan's house to get what I call her "big family fix" (they have 6 kids and lots of fun commotion!) but I told Kayli it was our turn to have Megan come to our house. It wouldn't be the same, but there would be plenty to do. When Megan's mom dropped her off on Saturday, the weather was pushing 60! The girls headed outdoors, and immersed themselves in this Springlike weather, getting out all the outdoor toys, and playing forever! I couldn't resist snapping a few pictures when I saw them out in the cul-de-sac in Kayli's convertible mustang. They were hilarious, as they both squeezed their tiny tushes in this vehicle, and decided that one leg out and one leg in was the way to go...
my turn to drive...
Ok, switch places...
or not...
there is no doubt that we have gotten our use out of this fabulous vehicle over the last couple of years! Let's just say that this little car has provided endless hours of fun and entertainment for Kayli and so many friends! Way to choose the perfect gift, Santa!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails