Friday, August 21, 2009

Official Name Badge

As the school year began and I headed back to work, Kayli immediately noticed that I was wearing a photo/name badge every day. She wanted to know why I was wearing this, and my explanation lead her to believe that she should probably have one too. I thought this might be something she would soon forget about or lose interest in, but no…day after day she would beg “Please, Mom, can you make me a badge just like you?” But, she had specifications to go with her request, “I want my badge to have my name and my picture aaaand a picture of a princess” (Maybe she thinks that would establish her job position...princess Kayli ) So, with the enthusiastic assistance of a co-worker, I created a special "official princess/Kayli name badge”. Her wish was about to be granted!
Kayli never disappoints me with her reaction to an unexpected gift, as she gasps “What? You have a surprise for me? What is it? I can’t wait, I can’t wait, I can’t wait! Then, wide-eyed in disbelief, as I show her the badge, she proclaims “Ohhh, thank-you, thank-you, mom, you are the best mom I ever had!” She and I wore our badges to my work several evenings when I had to be back at school for various parent-events. She looked as proud as a peacock as we walked into my school together, both wearing our badges!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails