Monday, September 28, 2009

Together for Three Years!

My first glimpse of my sweet pea! I couldn't look at this picture too many times!!!

Here she is a bit older, wiser, funnier, and still ohhh so sweet!

The memory of the moment is as clear as if it had happened yesterday. It was 3 years ago, September 26th. It was the moment I first laid eyes on my sweet pea in the photo sent from China! Shortly after starting my day at work, I received an email message from the Great Wall China Adoption Agency that said “Photo Attached”. While my heart raced and adrenaline surged through my body, I double-clicked to open the photo. THAT was the moment my precious daughter was “born in my heart!”

That was the moment I caught my first glimpse of the tiny cherub that was about to change my life! That was the moment my eyes filled with tears, and I whispered a prayer of thanks, asking God to please send an angel to watch over my sweet baby until I could get to her.

After waiting for what seemed like an eternity, for approval to travel to China, I finally received my travel dates, which put me in China just in time for my birthday, and this precious baby girl is no doubt the best gift I have ever received!!!




Kayli met her Aunt Suzanne and thought she was pretty funny...

We had a variety of requirements to fulfill before leaving China, one of which was a visit to the medical clinic, which I tried my best to humor Kayli through...

We did some shopping and strolling...

Some eating...

Some snoozing...

Then, it was time to head home on the following, grueling schedule: Guangzhou to Hong Kong, Hong Kong to San Francisco, San Francisco to Denver,(delays in Denver due to snow and ice, and yes I had dropped Suzanne off in San Francisco and was on my own now in this madhouse of an airport with a busy toddler that was tired of all the sitting and just wanted to run!), then...




... finally arriving in Kansas City to an ice storm and lost luggage.

So we celebrate! We celebrate the moment Kayli was "born in my heart" and everything that followed. We celebrate being a family and all the sweetness it brings to our lives. We celebrate our luck to be such a perfect match, we are soooo much alike! We celebrate and thank God for bringing the two of us together!

And, celebrate we did! Oh, yes, our day was all about FUN, FUN, FUN. We played, we shopped, we opened presents, we dined out, and we ended our day reading some special books with the theme of adoption and a parent's never-ending love. One book was a fairy tale about the magical red thread that brings people together that are meant to be together. In honor of this famous adoption story, we call our special day our "Red Thread Celebration".

We both wore the appropriate lucky red color for our "Red Thread Celebration"


There were some very special presents...

New matching "red thread bracelets"...

There was a sweet little musical chinese doll, and a musical jewelry box with a dancing ballerina...


My little "partier" fell asleep as soon as we were seated for dinner...

So, what choice did I have but to order a margarita?

There were new "Ballerina Jammies"...


Kayli just loved her new "Dancing Ballerina Musical Jewelry Box"... She watched it with awe!


In fact, she was sooooo enamored with her new musical ballerina box that she just had to show me how she could dance right along with that tiny ballerina. Check out the video below:

2 comments:

Sr. Suzanne Fitzmaurice, OSB said...

great memories and what an adventure it has been for both of you. Glad it was a great day!

Linsey said...

Can you believe it has been 3 years already! I didn't know you both then, but am so blessed to have you in my life now. Lily and I love having you as dear friends and are so glad you have such a special day to celebrate every year! We all know how you girls love a party!

Related Posts with Thumbnails