Friday, January 8, 2010

Living in a Snow Globe!

Is it just me, or is anyone else starting to feel like we're living in a snow globe???

The snow just keeps coming and coming and coming! Unfortunately, this isn't the kind of snow you spend time playing in, it's the kind of snow accompanied by temperatures that could freeze your face off!!! Or, as I like to say to Kayli: "We'll freeze our petutsies off!!!" Then she tells me "Mom, we're going to freeze our tutsies off, aren't we?"


It looks soooo inviting, though! "Pleeeease Mom, can we play outside in the snow???" Well, knowing full well she won't last more than 5 minutes, but being the good sport that I am, I am willing to spend the 15 minutes dressing Kayli in five layers to go outside for 5 minutes of sheer snow joy, then spending another 15 minutes helping her strip off all the layers and watching the pocketed snow come tumbling out of her boots, mittens, hat, snowpants, across the kitchen floor, where I just wait for it to turn to water, then, we grab the mops, and the fun never ends...







I'll just climb up here and get the mail for you, Mom.

All in all, having a couple unexpected days off to enjoy the snow, has been so exciting. To quote Kayli: "WOW, Mom, this is such a CITING day! We sure LOVE play days, don't we???" We sure do, Kayli!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails