Friday, March 23, 2012

Galveston Beach (Monday, March 12th)

The agenda today? Pack up and head to Galveston! Karen, Matt, Kayli, and I arrived at our beach-view hotel by mid to late afternoon, checked in, dragged our suitcases up to our room, and immediately put on our swimsuits! Our hotel was on "seawall blvd" which meant the sea/beach was a walk across the street. A busy street, I might add, but still very do-able. We went from hotel to beach in 5 minutes!
Lots of people out walking, running, biking, and playing. The sky was overcast, but the weather was warm and humid...as evidenced by the curling of my hair! I couldn't even keep my bangs from curling..sheesh! This part of the beach, had lots of stone slabs scattered here and there, intermixed with the thick, wet, grey sand! Kayli didn't waste any time getting started with her bucket and shovel...

it was time to introduce Kayli to the ocean, so we headed for the water...
Ok, pose for a picture, then, I think, hmm, probably should put Kayli's life jacket on before sending her out to sea, ha ha...

Kayli's cousin, Matt offers to take her out into the waves...
"ohh, I don't know about all these waves. Are you sure we should be doing this?"
Ok, yeah, this is kind of fun...
Matt says "I think I'll swim out a bit further while you play in these waves"...
Hey, what's he doing wayyyy out there?
Can you believe I'm swimming in the ocean, Mom?
I better keep my eye on those waves, though, they are pretty sneaky...
here comes Matt, he's swimming in with the waves...
Oh yeah, I can do that too...
C'mon in mom, the water is, um, nice... uh huh, nice and cold...
let's spend a little time in the sand now...
and we get to do this again tomorrow!!!
We went out to dinner tonight at this really cool place...
the Kemah Boardwalk is home to fabulous waterfront restaurants, amusements, charming retail stores, festivals and seaside shows every day. It's described as being like a summer fair all year long! What a great atmosphere it provided! We ate at the restaurant called "The Aquarium" which had, you guessed it...a HUGE AQUARIUM in the restaurant! Kayli was enamored by the huge fish, eel, sharks, and anything else that was swimming or floating around in this huge tank...

this was a fabulous place to walk around and just enjoy the beautiful weather and surroundings!
stay tuned for tomorrow...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails