Wednesday, May 14, 2014

My HARD WORK!

So, I have been problem solving the situation of Sprinkles running up and down the fence, barking at the neighbor dog, and creating a "mud run" as a result. I had lots of people weighing in on the ideas, and the plan to just create a mulch bed won! I am soooooo tired of those muddy paws dragging that mud into the house!!! I went to the hardware store and bought 6 eight foot landscape timbers, I measured and marked off the space, I sucked up all the leaves, along with Lord knows what,  with my leaf blower. I carried these timbers to the yard, dug the trench that they would sit in, carefully placed each timber into it's spot, then discovered that the last timber was too long and I had to take it back to the hardware store to get it cut, and then back to my house, I got the last of the timbers down, and I hung in there til' dark, spreading out the mulch on top of the extra strength ground cloth, and once I was done, I was soooo proud! The next day, Sprinkles ran out to bark at the neighbor dog, and I was soooooo happy that she didn't come back with a speck of mud on her paws!!! Unfortunately, my joy was short lived. The next week we had some rain storms. One of those days, it rained sooooo much that this happened...
this is our sandbox and swingset. We have NEVER had this much water before... 

SERIOUSLY???
After I spent a few weeks dealing with my feelings about this whole fiasco, a guy at the hardware store told me that lots of people use rebars in their landscape timbers to prevent this from happening,and so there begins another project that involves buying another drill bit, drilling some holes, and hammering the rebars into these logs...6x2=12 and I was pounding in the last rebar as the solar lights went on...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails