Saturday, June 7, 2014

Cousin Fun in Illinois!

A family wedding in Chicago turned into an opportunity for Kayli to have an extended "play date" with her cousin, Hannah, from Illinois. My cousin and his wife graciously offered to entertain us for the few days we stayed past the wedding. We packed alot of fun into those couple of days and nights!
I'll probably have to cover this in several blogs! First up, travel by airplane...
next, everyone meets up at the hotel. Kayli and I stayed in a fabulous room with Gerry, Sandy, and Hannah! Kayli and Hannah were off and running...
everyone met outside on the patio for dinner, then, Kayli and Hannah found their own fun...
while the rest of us got a chance to catch up with one another...
our room became the "party room" after the restaurant/bar closed down. The girls were having a blast, and were thrilled with the opportunity to stay up...
 until they decided to switch to "pajama party" mode...
I think 2:30 a.m. was plenty late for everyone, including the groom's mom and dad, who would be getting up quite early tomorrow for the big event...the wedding!
The next morning, the girls got busy helping each other look beautiful...
then it was time to get "Ling" dressed...
there was a little time to kill before everyone was ready...
so, we played some clapping games in the hall...
ok, I think we're all  ready to go...
once in Chicago, it was a several block walk from the parking lot to the wedding. Why didn't I wear my flip flops?!!
ready to begin seating. Notice, I am giving my feet a break from the shoes I wore...
as you can see, Kayli, Ling, and I had a "pink theme" going...
the bride and groom were radiant...
there was a two hour break between the wedding and the reception, so everyone took taxis to Aunt Pat and Uncle Loyola's condo for appetizers and drinks.It was Kayli's first taxi ride! The condo had a beautiful view of Lake Michigan!
another taxi...and, on with the reception!
the dreamy look on Kayli's face is priceless...
Sandy and I decided that it was time to get these little girls to bed...
It was a beautiful night for our walk to the parking garage...
but, just as we pulled into the parking lot, back at the hotel, it began to rain. Whew! Timing is everything!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails