Monday, March 31, 2008

A New White Wicker Rocker

I recently decided it would be a good idea to get a big rocker for Kayli’s bedroom. I originally had decided against this because I thought there were plenty of rocking chairs in the house to rock her at night. For many reasons that has not turned out to be the most convenient or logical. So, I waited for the Spring line of wicker furniture to come out and snatched up a white wicker rocker that looks fabulous in Kayli’s room. It is a nice big size that the two of us can settle in for “book reading, singing, and rocking” every night. After stories, I turn out the lights, we say/sing our prayers, then it’s time to settle down and relax for sleep. Kayli loves our time in the rocker, however, the first few nights, as we rocked in the dark, she apparently didn’t get the point of the rocker as she’d say “Faster, Mama, Faster!” as if the rocker was a Worlds of Fun Ride! I now find her climbing into this chair to rock her dolls and sing and other things, like seeing if her sippy cup will stay upright while she rocks it, etc. etc. I can already envision my future teenager sitting in this chair with her phone and her laptop as she’s trying to balance a pop somehow while multitasking in this not-quite-big-enough-wicker rocker!
For now, enjoy the sweet rendition of “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” while hanging out in the new wicker rocker.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Looks like a great new chair. Sounds like she has the first part of the song down, but then there was the next part. I sure made me laugh.

Sr. Suzanne Fitzmaurice, OSB said...

Great singing - can't wait to join in the rocking!

Related Posts with Thumbnails