Sunday, April 6, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things!

Now, with more words at her disposal, Kayli is surprising me every day with the things she says. For example, the other night Kayli was finishing her bath when I asked her to let the water out. Of course she "didn't hear me" the first couple of times. Then, on my third request, I said "Kayli, can you let the water out?" She replied: "Yeah...(pause) Happy to mama...(pause) you say pleeease." I couldn't help but burst out laughing when I realized what she had just said.


This weekend, we had to go to the hardware store to get a part for her Fisher Price 4-wheeler battery pack. There were about 5 guys behind the counter intermittently waiting on customers as a couple of them tried to figure out what kind of adaptor we needed on the battery. I had Kayli sitting on the counter, watching them, when she apparently spotted something more interesting. A whole wall was covered with various sizes of drip pans for stove burners. Kayli exclaimed in her most awestruck tone "Mama, lookit aaaaalll doze potty seats!" That got everyone's attention and they all had a good laugh for the day!


We are so happy to finally see some nice weather so we can get out and enjoy the outdoors! I've posted a video of a recent surprisingly nice weather evening that we took advantage of and took a "leisurely" stroll down the block with Kayli's baby bunny. I also posted a video of Kayli's "test drive" in the new sling swing we bought on Saturday at the toy store and hung in our tree. This weekend we also got a chance to play in the sandbox, and don our gardening gloves to clean out the garden (yes, Kayli has her own pair and she really wants a pruner so she can "snip" like I do!) Hanging out in the backyard just gave me a taste of how much fun we are going to have again this summer. I can't wait!








No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails