Saturday, April 30, 2011

Why is Peter Cottontail Still Hanging Out in Our Yard?

That's what Miss Kayli wants to know!
 Since I have used every opportunity possible, in the last few weeks, to point out a rabbit in the yard and say something like "Oh, there's Peter Cottontail again, just checking in to make sure you are being good and listening to your mom." I might add that our yard is not lacking in "cottontailed rabbits. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that our back yard is currently not sprouting grass but cloaked instead with a nice "rabbit-food-clover-weed-mix?!" So, I guess the lingering rabbits will just keep her wondering if the Easter Bunny is still watching her every move!
That bunny watched us... dye Easter eggs...
...search and find the goodie filled Easter baskets...
...put on our fancy clothes for church, and snap a few pictures on our way out the door...
...enjoy a big family gathering for Easter brunch...
...line up the troops in preparation for the Easter egg hunt, from the smallest to the tallest...
...try out Kayli's new sidewalk chalk that she brought along to share with her cousin, Anna...
...stop to pose for a mother/daughter picture...
...then, Kayli kicks back in the hammock and thinks "what a fun-filled day this was"...
 *Even though Kayli is on a twice-a-day dose of zyrtec, I usually try to add a dose of Benadryl before we go somewhere with cats, (kind of my own experiment to see if it might provide extra "power" against an allergic reaction) but I forgot this time...and as we headed home today, I looked in my rear view mirror and saw Kayli rubbing her eyes. Then she says "Mom, my eyes hurt" and it was then that I was reminded again about that darn "cat allergy", and I handed her a chewable Benadryl and made a mental note to ask the allergist about a better plan for this kind of scenario.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails