Thursday, May 26, 2011

I Blinked!

When Kayli was preparing for kindergarten last year, more than a few "experienced moms" told me that once a child starts kindergarten, it seems that in a "blink of an eye" the year is gone, then the next, and the next, and pretty soon they are off to middle school! So, my sweet pea headed off to kindergarten just overflowing with excitement, while I tearfully watched my baby start elementary school and tried not to "blink"!  The year was filled with learning and fun, and Kayli loved kindergarten and loved her teacher! I watched my "baby" grow as she went from reciting her alphabet to actually reading, from counting to 10 to counting to 100 by 5s and 10s! This year my little perfectionist went from not wanting to color because her drawings weren't "perfect" to proudly creating picture after picture of the most creative drawings, which I proudly display in my classroom and on the refrigerator at home! She made lots of friends and learned lots of coping skills while playing with kids possessing a "variety" of personalities (or should I say while playing with some kids who appeared to be possessed?!!! Ha, ok, kidding:)) So, eventually "I blinked", and here we are already at the end of the school year! Time marches on, and all we can do is attempt to capture snippets of this time through photographs and videos, and try, try, try, NOT to Blink!
And, here's a video clip from the "end-of-year-kindergarten-program" : so cute!

1 comment:

Linsey said...

I can't believe that Kayli is going to be a 1st grader! The year did go by so fast. She looked adorable in the video, much more animated than during practice!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails