Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Countdown Begins...

Oh yeah...we have begun the countdown to...firstly, the loooooong awaited Fresh Beat Band Concert, Friday night, oh man, are we excited!!! Secondly, coincidentally, Kayli's birthday just happens to be on Monday, so this weekend we have plans to celebrate with family, then plans to host a "school friends" birthday party (theme this year: Tangled), then, of course, plans to wear a special birthday outfit to school on Monday and bring treats for everyone, Whew! My head is spinning with all the fun!

I have to say that I am so pleased with my creative thriftiness when it comes to preparing for Kayli's first concert. Why? You ask. Well, as I launched into this whole Fresh Beats endeavor, I was "over-the-top" excited at having been in the right place at the right time to purchase the VIP package tickets as "Grandpa's Christmas Gift" to Kayli, Woohoo!


Then, I got connected (somehow by heavenly guidance) to a blogger that was talking about the fact that we'd all be "paying through the nose" at the concert when our kids wanted to have a special "Rock Star Jacket" like the band members wear in their concert commercials! Not only that, but the commercials show them plucking a kid out of the audience and outfitting him with his very own "rock star jacket" on the spot! So, of course, all our kids think that is going to happen to them! This blogger did some checking and found this very jacket at *K*M*art online and posted the link! Oh my Gosh, I couldn't type in the website fast enough! It came...it fit...it increased the level of adrenaline in our house...

Ok, so naturally I had to make this little jacket look just like the Fresh Beats' official Rock Star Jackets...and in doing so, I can save myself $100.00! Yes, you heard it right...there is a company selling these little jackets, with the glitter star on the front pocket and back, for something like $79.99 plus $10.00 shipping, but if you want the XS size, like I have, you have to throw in another $10.00! (What? For a SMALLER size?) Hmmm, that person is going to make a lot of money on a lot of people that have that kind of money, but not me, I have ingenuity! Compare for yourself...
                                                           The $100.00 jacket...

My Homemade $20.00 jacket...

We've got our glow sticks, and we are READY to  Rock ON!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails