Saturday, November 2, 2013

Family Halloween Party

For some reason, this year, Kayli began talking about Halloween about the time we got back from our summer Ozark vacation! Maybe it came from the question "What is the next holiday?" Maybe it came from the viewing of the movie "Hotel Transylvania"? Regardless, the talk began at the beginning of August, and Kayli was insistent that we would plan a family costume party for Halloween! She planned, and plotted, created invitations, begged and begged me to put out decorations, in August!!! No, not in August. She continued to beg, in September!  No, not in September. By the time October arrived, she had all the details worked out. Decorations began appearing in the stores, and she begged me to buy these. I told her that she had no idea what I harbored in my plastic bins in the basement! So, one weekend I agreed to pull out the "magic plastic bins" and she was aghast! What? I didn't know you had all these decorations! Well, I do, and usually I don't put everything out every year, but what the heck, this year, we'll go all out!!! Yes, we have only begun the month of October! By the time "party day" rolled around, we were "living and loving" our Halloween decor! Our family members did not disappoint us, all coming in fabulous costumes, starting with our very own sweet skeleton dog...
Suzanne came as a Minion...
we served "sand-witches" haha...
Gary...the fisherman, Eileen...the Queen...
we celebrated Anna's birthday with a cookie-cake...
there were glow-in-the-dark games...
what a surprise it was when I came to the door to find my TWIN, Ha!!!
Uncle Kevin had fun scaring the living daylights out of the girls by hiding on the back porch while wearing this mask...
Robert enjoys some Irish Creme...
Kevin and Karen...
Suzanne and Marion...
Laura and Mickey...
Happy Birthday Anna...
we all had a fabulous time!
 
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails